Minimum Completion Requirements
The materials and information below are required for UPMC fellows and residents in Pediatrics to complete the Contact Update Form process. Some information may be automatically populated based on information already on file in the Chair's Office.
- Basic Identity and Contact Information
Fellows and residents will be asked to provide and/or confirm the following basic information:
- First name, middle name or initial, and last name
- Postnominal letters or other credentials (MD, PhD, etc.)
- Location of your primary academic office including suite, floor, or room number
- Pitt and/or UPMC email address
- Telephone number for your primary academic office
- Institutional and Department Affiliations
Fellows and residents will be asked to select and/or verify their affiliations with the University of Pittsburgh, UPMC, and/or University of Pittsburgh Physicians (UPP).
Fellows will also be asked to select and/or verify their associated divisions, centers, institutes, and business units within Pitt Pediatrics.
- Job Title(s) and Postgraduate Year
Fellows and residents will be asked to provide and/or verify their job title(s) and postgraduate year.
Fellows and residents must provide a biography outlining their academic and research activities. Clinical interests may be included but should not be the primary focus.
Biographies can be uploaded to the form as a Microsoft Word or Rich Text file. Alternatively, fellows and residents may copy and paste their biographical content directly into the web browser.
Components of an Effective Biography
- Written in third person
- Length of two to three paragraphs minimum
- No courtesy titles such as Dr., Mr., Mrs., etc.
- Facility names, abbreviations, and unit names should follow Pitt Pediatrics standardized abbreviations and Pitt writing style
- Example: "CHP" is not an appropriate abbreviation when referring to UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Profile Photo or Headshot
Fellows and residents must provide a profile photo or headshot in original high-resolution format for use in the Pitt Pediatrics website directory, annual reports, and other publications. Photos do not necessarily have to be taken by a photographer but must be professional-looking.
Minimum Photo Requirements
- JPEG or PNG file format
- Resolution of 680x600 pixels, higher resolution strongly recommended
- Must have adequate space around the head and shoulders
- Professional or business attire (lab coat is acceptable, if desired)
- Neutral background strongly recommended
- No masks or other face coverings
- Passport or visa photos
- Screenshots or photos taken from another website
- Printed photos scanned on a copy machine
- Tightly cropped photos with little or no headroom or space around the shoulders
Need a photo taken?
Fellows and residents may book an appointment at the UPMC Creative Services photo studio. A UPMC or UPP cost center is required. All photos taken by the UPMC photo studio and uploaded to the Contact Update Form in their original format meet all requirements.
If you have had photos taken by UPMC in the past and need a copy, contact your program admininstrator for assistance or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Fellows and residents must provide the latest copy of their curriculum vitae (CV). Use of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine standardized CV layout is strongly recommended.
The CV file must be uploaded in Microsoft Word or Rich Text format with all markup, tracked changes, comments, and similar editing marks removed.
- Researcher vs. Non-Researcher, Principal Investigator, and Lab Space Information
Fellows and residents performing research-related duties in Rangos Research Center, Biomedical Science Tower, Biomedical Science Tower-South, and/or Biomedical Science Tower 3 will need to identify or confirm the following:
- Name of their principal investigator (PI) or equivalent supervising faculty member
- Specific work location including floor or suite, research bay number, and seat letter (A-D), if applicable
This information is being collected as part of the Rangos Research Center's migration from UPMC's network to PittNet.
All affected personnel that meet the above criteria must accurately provide and/or verify this information.
- Fellow and Resident Questionnaire
Fellows and residents will be asked to submit some or all of the following information for marketing and administrative use by their program leaders:
- College or Medical School
- Residency (Fellows only)
- Current Scholarly Projects
- Scholarly Mentors
- Hobbies and Interests
- Personal information - Significant Other, Married, Kids, Pets, etc.
- Travel Interests and Languages
- "Likes" about UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Interesting Fact About Yourself
- Research Publication Systems
Fellows and residents that use any of the following publication tracking systems will be asked to provide the relevant identification numbers and/or profile URLs.
The Chair's Office will use this information to automatically generate information for annual reports. Fellows and residents may also link these systems directly to their Pitt Pediatrics website directory profile.
- MyNCBI (PubMed)
- Web of Science ResearcherID
- Scopus (Elsevier)
The form will allow one profile page or ID number per service. Personnel with duplicate profiles, such as three ORCiD IDs, should merge them together prior to their submission of the Contact Update Form.
- Research Interest Keywords
In order to build a search tool on the Pitt Pediatrics website, fellows and residents actively involved in research will be asked to provide keywords or subjects for their research and academic interests. The keywords should be brief and not exceed 40 characters each.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Liver transplantation
- LGBTQ+ adolescent healthcare
- Vaccine Development
- Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant
Fellows and residents that wish to add an administrative assistant to their Pitt Pediatrics website directory profile can do so through the Contact Update Form.
The administrative assistant must complete and submit a Contact Update Form first in order for the profiles to be linked.
- Personal Website(s) or Social Media Account Links
Fellows and residents that have any of the following may provide this information for placement on their Pitt Pediatrics website personnel directory page:
- Link to a lab website outside the Pitt Pediatrics website or any UPMC website, such as a personal website
- Social media accounts used for professional purposes
- Pitt departmental website profiles outside Pediatrics where a person has other appointments
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for Public Review
Fellows and residents may provide a copy of their curriculum vitae (CV) on their Pitt Pediatrics website directory profile for public download.