Minimum Completion Requirements
The materials and information below are required to complete the contact update form process. Some information may be automatically populated based on information already on file in the Chair's Office.
- Basic Identity and Contact Information
Faculty and physicians will be asked to provide and/or confirm the following basic information:
- First name, middle name or initial, and last name
- Postnominal letters or other credentials (MD, PhD, etc.)
- Location of your primary academic office including suite, floor, or room number
- Pitt and/or UPMC email address
- Telephone number for your primary academic office
- Institutional and Department Affiliations
Faculty and physicians will be asked to select and/or verify affiliations with the University of Pittsburgh, UPMC, and/or University of Pittsburgh Physicians (UPP). For example:
- Pitt faculty with no clinical appointments will select "Pitt Faculty."
- Pitt faculty holding clinical appointments (also known as "dual appointments") with UPMC and/or UPP will select both "Pitt Faculty" and "UPMC or UPP Physician."
- UPMC or UPP physicians that do not hold a Pitt faculty appointment will select "UPMC or UPP Physician."
Faculty and physicians will also be asked to select and/or verify their associated divisions, centers, institutes, and business units within Pitt Pediatrics.
- Job Title(s)
Faculty and physicians will be asked to provide and/or verify their job titles and academic rank.
In addition to a "primary" academic job title (Associate Professor, etc.), faculty and physicians may provide up to four additional titles related to job duties at Pitt, UPMC, UPP, or an affiliated entity.
All faculty and physicians must provide a biography outlining their academic and research activities. Relevant clinical interests may be included but should not be the primary focus.
Biographies may be uploaded to the form as a Microsoft Word or Rich Text file. Alternatively, faculty and physicians may copy and paste their biographical content directly into the web browser.
Components of an Effective BiographyDownload a help guide (PDF) with tips on how to write a faculty biography.
- Profile Photo or Headshot
All faculty and physicians must provide a profile photo or headshot in original high-resolution format for use in the Pitt Pediatrics website directory, annual reports, and other publications. Photos do not necessarily have to be taken by a photographer but must be professional-looking.
Minimum Photo Requirements
- JPEG or PNG file format
- Resolution of 680x600 pixels, higher resolution strongly recommended
- Must have adequate space around the head and shoulders
- Professional or business attire (lab coat is acceptable, if desired)
- Neutral background strongly recommended
- No masks or other face coverings
- Passport or visa photos
- Screenshots or photos taken from another website
- Printed photos scanned on a copy machine
- Tightly cropped photos with little or no headroom or space around the shoulders
Need a photo taken?
Dually-appointed faculty and UPP physicians may book an appointment at the UPMC Creative Services photo studio. A UPMC or UPP cost center is required. All photos taken by the UPMC photo studio and uploaded to the Contact Update Form in their original format meet all requirements.
If you have had photos taken by UPMC in the past and need a copy, contact your division admininstrative assistant for help or email email@example.com.
Pitt-only faculty are not able to use UPMC's photo studio and will need to procure a photo through alternative means.
- Home or Residential Mailing Address
Faculty and physicians will be asked to provide a home or residential mailing address for use by the Chair's Office during performance reviews and other administrative tasks.
This information will be kept for internal use only and will not be published.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in Pitt School of Medicine Format
Faculty and physicians must provide the latest copy of their curriculum vitae (CV) formatted using the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine standardized layout.
The CV file must be uploaded in Microsoft Word or Rich Text format with all markup, tracked changes, comments, and similar editing marks removed. PDFs are not accepted.
- Research Publication Systems
Faculty and physicians that use any of the following publication tracking systems will be asked to provide the relevant identification numbers and/or profile URLs.
The Chair's Office will use this information to automatically generate information for annual reports. Faculty and physicians may also link these systems directly to their Pitt Pediatrics website directory profile.
- MyNCBI (PubMed)
- Web of Science ResearcherID
- Scopus (Elsevier)
The form will allow one profile page or ID number per service. Personnel with duplicate profiles, such as three ORCiD IDs, should merge them together prior to their submission of the Contact Update Form.
- Research Interest Keywords
In order to build a search tool on the Pitt Pediatrics website, faculty and physicians will be asked to provide keywords or subjects for research and academic interests. The keywords should be brief and not exceed 40 characters each.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Liver transplantation
- LGBTQ+ adolescent healthcare
- Vaccine Development
- Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant
Faculty and physicians that wish to add his or her administrative assistant to their Pitt Pediatrics website directory profile can do so through the Contact Update Form.
The administrative assistant must complete and submit a Contact Update Form prior to the faculty member or physician in order for the profiles to be linked.
- Personal Website(s) or Social Media Account Links
Faculty that have any of the following may provide this information for placement on their Pitt Pediatrics website personnel directory page:
- Link to a lab website outside the Pitt Pediatrics website or any UPMC website, such as a personal website
- Social media accounts used for professional purposes
- Pitt departmental website faculty profiles outside Pediatrics where a faculty member holds other appointments
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for Public Download
Faculty and physicians may provide a copy of their curriculum vitae (CV) on their Pitt Pediatrics website directory profile for public download.