Due to an imminent cybersecurity threat faced by hospitals and health care providers, access to personal email and file- sharing applications will be blocked on UPMC devices and the UPMC network starting Monday, November 16, 2020.
These changes may affect certain Pitt Pediatrics personnel using UPMC corporate networks or devices in their labs and offices. Changes below will not affect devices connected to the Pitt network (wired or wireless) or Eduroam wireless network.
Access to be blocked
- Web access to all personal email providers such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Apple Mail/iCloud Mail, AOL, etc.
- Google Drive
Access that will not be blocked
- Google Calendar
- Google Meet
- Google Voice
- Google Classroom
- iCloud (file storage only)
- University of Pittsburgh email services through Office 365
- Mail incoming to and outgoing from a UPMC email account
- UPMC International Transfer East/West (Accellion/Kiteworks)
- Pitt REDCap
- UPMC REDCap
Review this guidance document (PDF) for more information on these security changes and how to request an exception.
Exceptions will not be granted for personal email access. Requests for an exception to access cloud storage services are processed by the UPMC Identity Management System.
Some information on this page may require an application to view, download Adobe Reader.