The Center for Pediatric Research in Obesity and Metabolism (CPROM) fosters an environment of scientific excellence in which multidisciplinary teams of physician-scientists and PhD-scientists tirelessly work together on cutting-edge research in medical science related to obesity and metabolism in pediatrics.
Our Core Goals
- Improve pediatric health and patient care through scientific discoveries.
- Support state-of-the-art laboratory research in obesity and metabolism, from molecular and cellular biology to patient-oriented and translational research in physiology, pathophysiology, metabolism and complications.
- Be a regional, national and international resource that integrates physiological, medical, and genomic research at both applied and translational level across the lifespan of a child.
- Develop a competitive edge in recruiting and retaining the most innovative and capable pediatric scientists by supporting their most promising work and enhancing the career trajectories of these talented researchers and physician-scientists.
- Mentor the future generation of pediatric leaders by strengthening the educational program for pediatric researchers in obesity and metabolism.