Our Research Mission
The Pediatric Asthma Center creates a nurturing and stimulating environment to support inter-disciplinary teams of physician-scientists and PhD-scientists conducting state-of- the-art research on childhood asthma, extending from the laboratory to population-based studies to the bedside and our Difficult-to-Treat Asthma clinic.
Our Core Goals
- To improve the health and quality of life of children with asthma through innovation and discovery
- To support basic, translational, population-based, and patient-oriented research on asthma in children of all ages
- To understand the social, environmental, and biologic determinants of racial and ethnic disparities in childhood asthma
- To develop, nurture, retain, and enhance the career trajectories of highly promising scientists and physician-scientists conducting research on childhood asthma
- To mentor the next generation of academic leaders in childhood asthma and pediatric pulmonary medicine