In its diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, Pitt Pediatrics will:
- Strive to recruit and retain diverse faculty, staff, and trainees through purposeful and transparent recruitment strategies.
- Provide the mentorship, sponsorship, and individualized attention to professional development that each member of its community needs to succeed.
- Provide education and skill building about the social determinants of health for faculty, staff, and trainees and implement strategies at all levels to address health equity and provide high-quality care for all our communities.
- Hold itself accountable to these principles through periodic, critical, and transparent assessment of its culture, policies, and practices.
- Strive for diverse representation in events that it hosts or cohosts, in nominations for awards, and in advancement of departmental faculty and staff to leadership positions.