- About Us
- Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapies
- Child Advocacy
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- General Academic Pediatrics
- Genetic and Genomic Medicine
- Health Informatics
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurology and Child Development
- Newborn Medicine
- Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Centers & Institutes
- Center for Pediatric Research in Obesity and Metabolism
- Center for Rare Disease Therapy
- Children's Neuroscience Institute
- Cystic Fibrosis Research Center
- Institute for Infection, Inflammation, and Immunity in Children
- Pediatric Asthma Center
- Pediatric Institute for Heart Regeneration and Therapeutics
- Richard King Mellon Foundation Institute for Pediatric Research
- Pittsburgh Vaccine Trials Unit
- The Pittsburgh Study
- Research Administration
- Cores and Research Support
- Information Technology
- Communications Team
- Anti-Racism Statement
- Our Core Principles
- Our Goals
- Community and Culture
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Continuing Medical Education
- Medical Student Education and Training
- CHP VUE: Vital URiM Experience
- Maintenance of Certification Portfolio Program
- Summer Research Internship
- Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Mentoring
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Career Advancement
- Educator Development
- For New Faculty
- Faculty Promotion
- Grant Programs
- Wellness Resources
- Faculty Well-being Task Force
- Thank Yinz
The Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine is a dynamic, interdisciplinary team of researchers, educators, and practitioners dedicated to the health and well-being of adolescents and young adults.
Faculty within the division hold regional and national leadership positions with organizations such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, Academic Pediatric Association, Society for Pediatric Research, Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine, and National Association of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. In addition, they contribute to the editorial leadership of the Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology and the journal Violence Against Women.
The mission of the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine is to improve the health and well-being of youth and young adults through:
- Accessible health care services for adolescents and young adults in the context of their families, cultures, and communities
- Interdisciplinary adolescent health care education for health professional trainees and practitioners, as well as youth, young adults, families, and communities
- Research to increase understanding of disparities in adolescent health, promote adolescent health equity, and improve adolescent health outcomes
- Engagement with youth and young adults in their communities as adult allies and advocates
Research and Community Programs
The division coordinates and participates in many community research initiatives throughout the city of Pittsburgh and surrounding regions.
Faculty provide mentoring to junior faculty, fellows, residents, and medical students.
Education and Training
Explore our instructional activities, courses, lectures, and other training programs.
The division provides a diverse program of primary care and consultative adolescent medicine services.
Review a list of publications from the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine.
Contact members of the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine.
List of medical, mental health, and crisis situation resources.