- About Us
- Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapies
- Child Advocacy
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- General Academic Pediatrics
- Genetic and Genomic Medicine
- Health Informatics
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurology and Child Development
- Newborn Medicine
- Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Centers & Institutes
- Center for Pediatric Research in Obesity and Metabolism
- Center for Rare Disease Therapy
- Children's Neuroscience Institute
- Cystic Fibrosis Research Center
- Institute for Infection, Inflammation, and Immunity in Children
- Pediatric Asthma Center
- Pediatric Institute for Heart Regeneration and Therapeutics
- Richard King Mellon Foundation Institute for Pediatric Research
- Pittsburgh Vaccine Trials Unit
- The Pittsburgh Study
- Research Administration
- Cores and Research Support
- Information Technology
- Communications Team
- Anti-Racism Statement
- Our Core Principles
- Our Goals
- Community and Culture
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Continuing Medical Education
- Medical Student Education and Training
- CHP VUE: Vital URiM Experience
- Maintenance of Certification Portfolio Program
- Summer Research Internship
- Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Mentoring
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Career Advancement
- Educator Development
- For New Faculty
- Faculty Promotion
- Grant Programs
- Wellness Resources
- Faculty Well-being Task Force
- Thank Yinz
The Division of Allergy and Immunology is dedicated to improving the lives of those with food, drug and environmental allergies, asthma, eczema, and immunodeficiencies through our commitment to excellence in patient care, education, and research. We are leaders in our community in the diagnosis and management of food allergies, providing clinical care, food challenges and participation national food tolerance clinical trials.
We are the only Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) designated Clinical Research Center of Distinction in Western Pennsylvania, and one of only 47 centers in the United States. Our Division is home to one of the few combined subspecialty pediatric Severe Asthma Care Centers in the country, using a multidisciplinary joint approach between pulmonology and allergy to meet the clinical needs of children with very difficult-to-control and severe asthma. We care for children with inborn errors of immunity in our specialized Primary Immunodeficiency Clinic with close collaboration with other subspecialists and genetic counselors to offer precision and cutting-edge diagnosis and treatment options.
Our division is home to the Immune Dysregulation Diagnosis and Treatment Program (IDDAT). The IDDAT program is a multidisciplinary team of physicians and researchers who take a collaborative approach to diagnosing and treating rare disorders that affect immunity.
We participate in numerous clinical trials aimed at food allergy testing and tolerance.
Education and Training
We offer a two to three year ACGME accredited training program in partnership with UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Our clinical program at Children's Hospital completes over 7,000 visits annually, including same-day appointments and telemedicine services.
Contact faculty and staff of the Division of Allergy and Immunology.