- About Us
- Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapies
- Child Advocacy
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- General Academic Pediatrics
- Genetic and Genomic Medicine
- Health Informatics
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurology and Child Development
- Newborn Medicine
- Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Centers & Institutes
- Center for Pediatric Research in Obesity and Metabolism
- Center for Rare Disease Therapy
- Children's Neuroscience Institute
- Cystic Fibrosis Research Center
- Institute for Infection, Inflammation, and Immunity in Children
- Pediatric Asthma Center
- Pediatric Institute for Heart Regeneration and Therapeutics
- Richard King Mellon Foundation Institute for Pediatric Research
- Pittsburgh Vaccine Trials Unit
- The Pittsburgh Study
- Research Administration
- Cores and Research Support
- Information Technology
- Communications Team
- Anti-Racism Statement
- Our Core Principles
- Our Goals
- Community and Culture
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Continuing Medical Education
- Medical Student Education and Training
- CHP VUE: Vital URiM Experience
- Maintenance of Certification Portfolio Program
- Summer Research Internship
- Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Mentoring
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Career Advancement
- Educator Development
- For New Faculty
- Faculty Promotion
- Grant Programs
- Wellness Resources
- Faculty Well-being Task Force
- Thank Yinz
Emergency Medicine Fellowship
Thank you for your interest in the Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) Fellowship at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. The mission of our PEM Fellowship program is to educate and support a diverse group of fellows to become outstanding pediatric emergency medicine clinicians and future leaders in the field. We aim to who equip fellows to succeed in balanced, unique and meaningful careers. Our PEM Fellowship is an ACGME-accredited program and is available to both emergency medicine and pediatrics-trained residents.
The PEM Fellowship program provides a comprehensive educational experience with emphasis on clinical training, teaching, research and scholarship, and administrative and leadership skills. Our scholarship program also includes a unique focus track experience.
Welcome from Program Leadership
We invite applicants to reach out to our leadership team directly with questions and to obtain additional information on our program.
By the completion of training, our fellows are proficient in the management of acutely ill and injured children of all ages with a broad spectrum of illnesses and injuries.
We provide our PEM fellows with a comprehensive, learning science-based academic teaching curriculum that teaches the principles of curriculum development and equips them for clinical, small group, and large group teaching
Research and Scholarship Activities
During their training, fellows design, conduct, analyze and interpret data from their individual research or scholarly project.
Administration and Leadership Experience
By the end of fellowship, our fellows have significant experience in the administrative and leadership responsibilities necessary to practice and effectively lead in clinical and academic settings.
Recent Fellowship Graduates
Access a list of our recent program graduates.
How to Apply
Applications may be submitted for the Fall Subspecialty Match through ERAS®.