General Academic Pediatrics Fellowship
The Division of General Academic Pediatrics offers a Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in General Academic Pediatrics and Medicine-Pediatrics. The fellowship is part of an interdisciplinary program funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), entitled NRSA for Primary Medical Care Research.
The Fellowship Program is a two to three-year clinical research training experience for motivated, creative individuals with health professional or research doctorates. Fellows should be interested in research careers focused on improving care for underserved populations and improving primary health care delivery, health policy, patient safety, quality improvement, patient-centered care, health care organization and financing, and health care disparities.
- Rigorous, individually tailored, training that encompasses a comprehensive spectrum of research methodologies and motivation to advance HP2020 goals
- Hands-on interdisciplinary mentored experiences in the conduct of their own clinical research projects from conceptualization, to completion, presentation, and publication of findings
- Skills to develop and submit competitive clinical research grant applications
- Leadership and professional capabilities to excel as primary health care researchers, including specific training in cultural and linguistic competence in the conduct of research and health care delivery.
- Course of studies leading to master’s degrees for those entering with a health profession doctorate. Those who enter with a research doctorate take select courses.
How to Apply
View our application process.