- About Us
- Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapies
- Child Advocacy
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- General Academic Pediatrics
- Genetic and Genomic Medicine
- Health Informatics
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurology and Child Development
- Newborn Medicine
- Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Centers & Institutes
- Center for Pediatric Research in Obesity and Metabolism
- Center for Rare Disease Therapy
- Children's Neuroscience Institute
- Cystic Fibrosis Research Center
- Institute for Infection, Inflammation, and Immunity in Children
- Pediatric Asthma Center
- Pediatric Institute for Heart Regeneration and Therapeutics
- Richard King Mellon Foundation Institute for Pediatric Research
- Pittsburgh Vaccine Trials Unit
- The Pittsburgh Study
- Research Administration
- Cores and Research Support
- Information Technology
- Communications Team
- Anti-Racism Statement
- Our Core Principles
- Our Goals
- Community and Culture
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Continuing Medical Education
- Medical Student Education and Training
- CHP VUE: Vital URiM Experience
- Maintenance of Certification Portfolio Program
- Summer Research Internship
- Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Mentoring
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Career Advancement
- Educator Development
- For New Faculty
- Faculty Promotion
- Grant Programs
- Wellness Resources
- Faculty Well-being Task Force
- Thank Yinz
Labs and Faculty Pages
Studying inflammation and immunity in the lung, partly focused on the role of follistatin-like protein 1 (FSTL-1).
Developing a clear picture of the geography of infection sites, determining how the spatial structure impacts bacterial activity and interactions with host cells, and recapitulating important aspects of the infection environment.
Studying the molecular pathogenesis of mammalian reovirus.
Studying immune cells of the intestine and how they respond to the first interactions with colonizing microorganisms.
Researching genetic and immunological basis for protective antiviral immune responses, as well as the molecular details underlying the direct inhibition of retroviral replication by restriction factors.
Focusing on the immune factors that control Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) infection to improve vaccine and treatment efforts.
A lab group specializing in the study of viral hemorrhagic fevers including Rift Valley fever virus and Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever virus.
Studying Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), an emerging alphavirus responsible for major disease outbreaks in countries of the Indian Ocean region and the Western hemisphere.
Focused primarly on research of the cell entry, immunity, and pathogenesis of human metapneumovirus (HMPV).