Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship
The Pediatric Hospital Medicine (PHM) Fellowship program at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh trains fellows to become:
- Skilled clinicians.
- Effective teachers.
- Scholarly investigators.
- Leaders in the growing field of academic pediatric hospital medicine.
We select one fellow each year to complete the two-year hospitalist medicine fellowship program.
Who Should Apply for the PHM Fellowship?
To apply for the two-year fellowship, physicians must have completed one of the following:
- Pediatric residency.
- Combined internal medicine-pediatric residency.
- Triple-board program.
Study Hospitalist Medicine at a Top Children's Hospital
The PHM Fellowship program is headquartered at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, a member of the UPMC health system.
For the last eight years, Children's has made the U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of America’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” list.
We serve as the primary pediatric referral facility in the region and as a community hospital for children of the Pittsburgh area.
What You Will Learn as a Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellow
Each year, we see more than 75,000 children in the Emergency Department leading to around 5,000 general pediatric admissions.
Thus, PHM fellows will take on many roles to gain experience caring for children with a wide range of disease states.
Graduating PHM Fellows Will
- Excel in the management of hospitalized children with a wide variety of acute illnesses and chronic conditions.
- Be effective teachers for different levels of learners in a variety of settings.
- Gain experience in administrative responsibilities and effectively manage a medical care team.
- Be proficient in analyzing published research and complete an individual fellowship scholarly project.
Meet our Pediatric Hospital Medicine Faculty.
Fellows will be conduct to carry out research projects throughout their term.
How to Apply
Review our application process for Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship.