Dr. Chen’s research focuses on developing statistical and computational methods for the analysis of large-scale biomedical data and applying them to study complex diseases. Collaborating with his colleagues, Dr. Chen uses cutting-edge technologies including DNA-seq, RNA-seq, methylation, ATAC-seq and single cell sequencing to study human diseases such as childhood asthma and age-related macular degeneration. Chen lab welcomes collaborators and trainees to move science forward.
Active Research Projects
- Statistical and computational methods for genetic and sequencing studies
- Computational methods for single cell multi-omics data
- Multi-omics study of childhood asthma
- Genetic and image study of Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Design and analysis of mobile health data
- Machine learning and deep learning methods