- About Us
- Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapies
- Child Advocacy
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- General Academic Pediatrics
- Genetic and Genomic Medicine
- Health Informatics
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurology and Child Development
- Newborn Medicine
- Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Centers & Institutes
- Center for Pediatric Research in Obesity and Metabolism
- Center for Rare Disease Therapy
- Children's Neuroscience Institute
- Cystic Fibrosis Research Center
- Institute for Infection, Inflammation, and Immunity in Children
- Pediatric Asthma Center
- Pediatric Institute for Heart Regeneration and Therapeutics
- Richard King Mellon Foundation Institute for Pediatric Research
- Pittsburgh Vaccine Trials Unit
- The Pittsburgh Study
- Research Administration
- Cores and Research Support
- Information Technology
- Communications Team
- Anti-Racism Statement
- Our Core Principles
- Our Goals
- Community and Culture
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Continuing Medical Education
- Medical Student Education and Training
- CHP VUE: Vital URiM Experience
- Maintenance of Certification Portfolio Program
- Summer Research Internship
- Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Mentoring
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Career Advancement
- Educator Development
- For New Faculty
- Faculty Promotion
- Grant Programs
- Wellness Resources
- Faculty Well-being Task Force
- Thank Yinz
Pitt Pediatrics takes great pride in the quality of our faculty and supports faculty development at every career stage. Success is nurtured in all domains of professional development, including wellbeing, clinical excellence, scholarship, leadership, and education. We promote a culture of faculty engagement and celebrate our faculty accomplishments as our own department’s successes to allow for optimal career development and professional satisfaction.
The Office of Faculty Development (OFD) encourages all faculty members to work with their division directors to identify academic, clinical, and education goals, and to establish a mentorship committee. The OFD invites faculty to learn more about professional and career development resources within the department and Pitt's School of Medicine.
Mentor committees provide a structure and process to foster the academic career development and success of faculty.
OFD provides leadership training to support an inspired culture of transparency, teamwork, inclusion and collaboration
Professional Development and Career Advancement
View workshops and resources for faculty seeking professional development opportunities.
A majority of Pitt Pediatrics faculty are involved in teaching medical students, residents, fellows, faculty and colleagues.
Pitt Pediatrics provides educator, career and professional development CME workshops throughout the year.
For New Faculty
Information for new faculty getting started in Pitt Pedatrics and how to prepare for promotion.
Promotion planning is best begun very early in one’s career with the guidance and support of division chief, department chairs, and mentors.
OFD oversees three grant programs that provide funding to pediatric faculty and professional staff.
Information about wellness for faculty.
Faculty Well-being Task Force
Coordinating "Faculty Resiliency Series" seminars throughout the academic year.
Meet and contact the Office of Faculty Development.
OFD Grand Rounds Videos
Links to the Department of Pediatrics YouTube page that features the OFD Grand Rounds recordings.