The Department of Pediatrics of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is sincerely invested in the long-term success of its faculty. Promotion planning is best begun very early in one’s career, with the guidance and support of division chiefs and department chairs as well as additional mentors. There are various pathways to promotion, depending upon faculty interest and activity. Review the links on this page which provides information and resources that will help you navigate the promotion process.
The OFD is here to help!
If you would like to prepare and review promotion materials, the OFD is here to help you by providing one-on-one consultation services with OFD members. If you would like to be connected with this service, please email Colleen Kelly, Administrative Liaison at Colleen.Kelly@pitt.edu
- Academic Pathways and Preparing for Promotion
- Promotion Pathways in the Tenure and Non-Tenure Tracks
- Assessment of Your Professional Goals
Department of Pediatrics (DOP) Guidance and Materials
- DOP Appointment and Promotion Portfolio Guidance Checklist
- This document dovetails with the checklist provided by UPSOM and includes additional details designed to be helpful to DOP Faculty. It outlines everything that is needed in a promotion portfolio and how to submit materials to the DOP.
- DOP Referee Nomination Guidelines
- DOP Referee Nomination Table
Pitt School of Medicine (UPSOM) Information and Resources
- UPSOM Required CV Format
- UPSOM Office of Faculty Affairs