Funds may be used to pursue significant advanced training, applicant-designed projects, travel expenses, or other opportunities to enhance the career success of individual faculty. Grants will provide funding up to $1500 per application.
It is expected that the funds will help to establish the awardee as a leader in one of the following domains (list is not exhaustive): education, leadership/administration, quality improvement, or patient safety. It is further expected that the knowledge or skills gained from this experience will be disseminated locally, such as through a faculty development workshop, QI project, or other means.
|2020||Leadership Principles: Harvard Business School|
|2019||Sylvia Choi, MD||Advancing Pediatric Educator eXcellence (APEX) teaching program|
|2019||Kavitha Conti, MD||Career Advancement and Leadership Skills for Women in Healthcare, Harvard Medical School|
|2019||Adelaide L. Eichman, MD||
AAMC Early Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
|2018||John Szymusiak, MD, MS||
Intermediate Improvement Science Series (I2S2) -https://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/research/divisions/j/anderson-center...
|2017||Jennifer Marin, MD, MSc||AAMC Mid-Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar|
Potential professional / leadership development programs to consider include but are not limited to:
- University of Pittsburgh Office of Academic Career Development
- Faculty development programs through the Academic Pediatrics Association. APA offers Scholars Programs in education, research, quality and safety, diversity and health policy
- ICRE Certificate/Master Programs
- AAP Advancing Pediatric Educator Excellence (APEX) Teaching Program
- AAMC Leadership Course Opportunities
- Harvard Macy Courses
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
April 01 – Annual application cycle opens
June 30 – Proposal submission due date
Application Form and Required Materials: Please submit all materials to OFD@pitt.edu
For the OFD Individual Faculty Professional/Leadership Development Grant, please provide:
- Completed OFD Leadership Development Grant Proposal Form.
- Copy of your curriculum vitae.
- Letter of support from your division director or department chair.