Benefits for CN/NDD residents are provided through UPMC Graduate Medical Education and the Division of Child Neurology. All NDD and Child Neurology residents receive competitive stipends, support, and perks as well as the added benefits of a book/travel allowance and free access to all University of Pittsburgh facilities.
Our NDD residents are encouraged to participate in the Wellness Committee for the Division of Child Neurology. This committee is made up of a group of attending physicians, residents, administrative assistants, nurses, and APPs who are committed to developing programming and proposing ideas to enhance the well-being of our colleagues.
Active initiatives include efforts targeted at community building, intellectual wellness, and financial wellness, with some examples of recent initiatives listed below. Our residents are key members of the committee and contribute to design and implementation of our initiatives.
- Annual Child Neurology Resident Retreat (call during retreat covered by faculty or Neurophysiology/Epilepsy fellow)
- Gym Membership at Children's Hospital provided FREE by the CN Division
- Annual Child Neurology Gala or outdoor Farm Fest
- "Limbic Lounge" area for CN/NDD Residents stocked with snacks, coffee, tea
- Meal tickets for weekend and night calls
- Residency and Program Alumni Social Celebrations - Graduations, Welcome Events, Picnics, Meet-ups at Conferences
- Division-wide Potlucks and Cookie Bake-Off
- Developing Alumni Networking through Social Media
- Debate Brunch - collegial discussions about topics in CN & NDD with opposing sides in the literature
- UPMC Perks – discounts and deals for UPMC employees on various local attractions, shows, gyms, businesses, and more, even including childcare
The following salary levels have been approved for residents and fellows who will be training with UPMCMEP residency/fellowship programs.
|Level||Annual Gross Salary|
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Supplemental monetary support for presenting research at conference ($500 for regional or national, $1000 for international)
- $1000 Book money each year
Additional information about resident benefits can be found on the UPMC GME Website.