The PedSDP is a flexible track providing key experiences in mentoring, administrative fundamentals, and leadership development. Candidates can pursue an Integrated (IRP) or Accelerated Research Pathway (ARP) to provide more research time during residency (IRP) or fellowship (ARP).
Preferential fellowship acceptance at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh programs is provided with extra training opportunities beginning in the intern year.
Integrated Research Pathway
- Residents enter IRP
- 36 months of residency training (39 blocks)
- 3 dedicated blocks in Resident 1 (can be contiguous or distributed)
- 6 dedicated blocks in Resident 2 (should be contiguous, most likely with identified mentor/SOC member)
Accelerated Research Pathway
- Residents enter ARP
- 24 months of residency training
- 4 years of fellowship training (with 12 extra months of research integrated)