- About Us
- Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapies
- Child Advocacy
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- General Academic Pediatrics
- Genetic and Genomic Medicine
- Health Informatics
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurology and Child Development
- Newborn Medicine
- Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Centers & Institutes
- Center for Pediatric Research in Obesity and Metabolism
- Center for Rare Disease Therapy
- Children's Neuroscience Institute
- Cystic Fibrosis Research Center
- Institute for Infection, Inflammation, and Immunity in Children
- Pediatric Asthma Center
- Pediatric Institute for Heart Regeneration and Therapeutics
- Richard King Mellon Foundation Institute for Pediatric Research
- Pittsburgh Vaccine Trials Unit
- The Pittsburgh Study
- Research Administration
- Cores and Research Support
- Information Technology
- Communications Team
- Anti-Racism Statement
- Our Core Principles
- Our Goals
- Community and Culture
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Continuing Medical Education
- Medical Student Education and Training
- CHP VUE: Vital URiM Experience
- Maintenance of Certification Portfolio Program
- Summer Research Internship
- Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Mentoring
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Career Advancement
- Educator Development
- For New Faculty
- Faculty Promotion
- Grant Programs
- Wellness Resources
- Faculty Well-being Task Force
- Thank Yinz
Thank you for considering the Pediatric Residency Program at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, one of the graduate medical education programs of UPMC.
The mission of the Pediatric Residency Program at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh is to educate and support a group of diverse residents in an environment of clinical excellence through innovation, collaboration, and discovery. Our graduates are exceptional pediatricians equipped to succeed in their unique career paths promoting health, dignity, and equity for all children and their communities.
On behalf of the Pediatric Residency Leadership team, we invite you to learn more about our dynamic program, and we hope you will consider applying to become a part of our exceptional team!
About Our Program
Our diverse program provides in-depth, hands-on training to pediatric residents interested in all subspecialties as well as careers in primary care pediatrics.
Application and Interview Process
Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Review our program curriculum, block schedules, and training pathways.
Our program boasts strengths that rank it among the elite pediatric training programs in the United States.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering the career growth of outstanding residents, fellows and faculty from diverse backgrounds.
Bridges: Individualized Mentoring
Bridges provides an infrastructure to assure that interns get the individualized support they need throughout all program years.