The Division of Emergency Medicine (EM) is made up of 20 Pediatric Emergency Medicine physicians actively involved in pediatric resident education in various forums:
- Teaching of direct clinical care in a high volume urban emergency department (ED). In 2018, our ED's patient volume was more than 80,000, and it increases each year. Residents learn the approach and initial management to a patient with acute illness often with one-on-one teaching from the EM faculty.
- Formal didactics on core general pediatric topics with a focus on initial assessment and management.
- Independent Learning opportunities:
- Online modules on core ED topics
- Monthly high-impact educational session: simulation training, case-based discussions, and hands-on procedural practice
- Simulation-Based Learning are facilitated by many of the faculty in the division of EM.