Dr. Allison Rometo joined the Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine in 2015 immediately following completion of her pediatric residency at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, including a year as chief resident. As a clinician-educator, Dr. Rometo practices as a teaching hospitalist on the general pediatric wards at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, and at The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh.
Best Practice Development
Dr. Rometo, in collaboration with Dr. Allison Fleischer and Dr. David Chi (ENT), completed the clinical effectiveness guidelines for Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh for the evaluation and management of children with suspected acute unilateral cervical lymphadenitis. She is currently involved in development of a clinical effectiveness guideline for Kawasaki disease.
Dr. Rometo is actively involved in the development of a curriculum for training advanced practice providers in clinical roles at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. She is also co-director of Advanced Pediatric Interviewing, an elective course for second-year medical students. Dr. Rometo serves as an instructor for the Advanced Physical Examination course for medical students.
Professional Affiliations/Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science, Westminster College - 2007
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine School of Medicine - 2011
- Residency in Pediatrics, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh - 2014
- Pediatric Chief Resident, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh - 2015