Cristin C. McDermott, MD
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD), 2017-Present
- Association of Psychiatry Training Directors (AADPRT), 2017-Present
- American Psychiatric Association (APA), 2013-Present
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP), 2012-Present
- Triple Board/Pediatric Portal Program Committee
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), 2010-Present
Education & Training
- BA, English Literature, Georgetown University, 2007
- MD, University of Connecticut, 2012
- Triple Board Residency, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital, 2012-2017
McDermott C, Malinow A. “Improving Mental Health Screening in Pediatric Primary Care.” Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC Continuity Clinic Curriculum. April 2017.
Malas, Nasuh; Brahmbhatt K; McDermott, C; Smith, A; Ortiz-Aguyao; Turkel, S. “Pediatric Delirium: Evaluation, Management and Special Considerations.” Current Psychiatry Rep (2017) 19:65
Delirium: Prevention, Symptoms and Treatment - Chapter 8. Pediatric Delirium (Khyati Brahmbhatt, MD, Nasuh Malas, MD, Allanceson Smith, MD, Cristin McDermott, MD, Roberto Ortiz-Aguayo, MD, University of California, San Francisco, Department of Psychiatry/Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, San Francisco, CA, US, and others). Nova Science Publishers. 2017. ISBN: 978-1-53612-385-2
McDermott C, Jacobson S, Kurtz B, Stubbe D, Thwin M. “The Perfect Pitch: Attaining Institutional Buy-In for Well-Being Initiatives.” Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Supplement. October 2018. 57; 10.
Downey A, McDermott C, Azzam P. Rewired: Positive Psychology for Patient and Trainee Well-Being. University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry Research Day. Poster Presentation. June 2019.
Academic and Research Interests
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine and Child
- Adolescent Behavioral Health