Dr. Cristin McDermott joined the Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine in 2017 immediately following completion of her combined residency in psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, and pediatrics at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh / Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic. As a clinician- educator, she currently practices as part of the division’s Limited Teaching Service. Dr. McDermott also serves as a teaching attending on the consult-liaison service at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, working with residents and fellows in psychiatry and child psychiatry to facilitate the timely evaluation of pediatric patients admitted to the hospital with primary or secondary behavioral health diagnoses.
Education and Physician Wellness
During her residency, Dr. McDermott was selected for a two-year term as a member of the ACGME Resident Review Committee for Psychiatry. She used this experience in graduate medical education advisement as a foundation for her appointment to associate program director for the Triple Board Program at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. McDermott serves on the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh committee for physician wellness and has presented her work in this area at the national level. She also participates as an instructor for the yearly conference on end-of-life care for pediatric residents.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Connecticut School of Medicine - 2012
- Combined Residency in Pediatrics, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and General Psychiatry (Triple Board Program) - University of Pittsburgh / UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh - 2017