Desha M. Jordan, MD,
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Administrative Assistant: Barbara A. DeFusco
Jordan graduated with honors from the University of Louisville with a Bachelors of Science in Biology with concentration in Genetics and Sub-Cellular in 2008. She then got her M.D. from the University of Louisville School of Medicine in 2012. She then completed her Pediatric Residency at Eastern Virginia Medical School in 2015. She did a year of general pediatrics at Sun Life Family Health Center in Arizona 2015-2016; prior to her Allergy-Immunology fellowship at Medical College of Georgia which she completed in 2018. She served as Chief Allergy-Immunology Fellow 2017-2018. She did two years of private practice Allergy-Immunology at Greater Austin Allergy in Austin TX prior to joining faculty in August 2020. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, cooking/baking, trying new cuisines and experiencing different cultures through travel.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- Pennsylvania Allergy and Asthma Association, 2021-Present
- New Allergist Committee, 2018-Present
- Pediatric Physical Diagosis, 2017-2018
- American College of Asthma Allergy and Immunology, 2016-Present
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology, 2016-Present
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2012-Present
Education & Training
- BS, Biology, Genetics, University of Louisville, 2008
- MD, University of Louisville, 2012
- Residency in Pediatrics, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 2012-2015
- Fellowship in Allergy and Immunology, Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, 2016-2018
Ayman El-Baz, Ahmed Elnakib, Manuel F. Casanova, Georgy Gimel’farb, Andrew E. Switala, Desha Jordan, Sabrina Rainey. Accurate automated detection of autism related corpus callosum abnormalities.Journal of Medical Systems2010.
Desha Jordan, Jean Bush, Dennis Ownby, Jennifer Waller, Martha Tingen. The Impact of Traditional Literacy and Education on Health Literacy in Adolescents with Asthma. Journal of Asthma2019.
Academic and Research Interests
- Food Allergy
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Drug Allergy
- Venom Allergy