Emily Trauernicht, MD, FAAP
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Co-Director, Pediatrics Clerkship, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Emily Trauernicht joined the Division of General Academic Pediatrics in 2018 after completing her residency training in categorical pediatrics at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. She practices full-time as a general pediatrician at the Children’s Primary Care Center, where she sees patients from birth to young adulthood for both well and acute visits.
Trauernicht has a strong interest in resident and medical student education, with a particular focus on medical ethics. She serves on the Children’s Hospital Ethics Committee and recently joined her colleagues in the School of Medicine as co-director of the Pediatrics Clerkship.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2014-Present
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2015-Present
Education & Training
- BA, Human Biology, University of Virginia College of Arts & Sciences, 2011
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine, 2015
- Internship in Pediatrics, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2015-2016
- Residency in Pediatrics, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2016-2018
Grady C, Wiener L, Abdoler E, Trauernicht E, Zadeh S, Diekema DS, Wendler D. (2014). Assent in Research: The Voices of Adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health 2018; 54(5):515-520.