Gaurav Arora, MD
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Director of Electrophysiology, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Associate Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs, Ambulatory Care, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Arora received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine and then completed a combined internal medicine-pediatrics residency at Baylor College of Medicine. Arora completed a 3-year pediatric cardiology fellowship and 1-year pediatric electrophysiology fellowship at Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 1997-2006
- Pittsburgh EP Society, 2006-2009
- Heart Rhythm Society, 2006-Present
- Pediatric and Congenital EP Society (PACES), 2006-Present
- American Heart Association Fellows Research Day Task Force, 2008-Present
Education & Training
- BA, Biology, Rice University, 1993
- MD, Baylor College of Medicine, 1997
- Residency in Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, 1997-2001
- Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children's Hospital, 2002-2004, 2005-2006
- Fellowship in Electrophysiology, Texas Children's Hospital, 2004-2005
Follansbee C, Beerman L, Wu L, Bertolet M, Arora G. Utility and safety of adenosine challenge for subtle ventricular pre-excitation in the pediatric population. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2019 Jul;30(7):1036-1041.
Hart S, Arora G, Feingold B. Resource utilization at the time of prostacyclin initiation in children in pulmonary arterial hypertension: a multicenter analysis. Pulm Circ 2018 Jan-Mar;8(1):2045893217753357.
Follansbee C, Beerman L, Arora G. Automated QT analysis on Holter monitors in pediatric patients can differentiate long QT syndrome from controls. PACE 2018 Jan;41(1):50-56.
Beach C, Follansbee C, Beerman L, Mazzocco S, Wang L, Arora G. Adenosine-sensitive Wolff-Parkinson-White: Longer time across the atrioventricular groove. PACE 2018 Jan;41(1):35-41.
Lewis J, Arora G, Tudorascu DL, Hickey RW, Saladino RA, Manole MD. Acute Management of Refractory and Unstable Pediatric Supraventricular Tachycardia. J Pediatr. 2017 Feb;181:177-182.
Beach C, Beerman L, Mazzocco S, Brooks MM, Arora G. Use of Three-Dimensional Mapping in Young Patients Decreases Radiation Exposure Even Without a Goal of Zero Fluoroscopy. Cardiol Young. 2016 Oct;26(7):1297-1302.
West L, Beerman L, Arora G. Ventricular Ectopy in Children Without Known Heart Disease. J Pediatr. 2015 Feb;166(2):338-42.
Callahan R, Trucco SM, Wearden PD, Beerman LB, Arora G, Kreutzer J. Outcomes of Pediatric Patients Undergoing Cardiac Catheterization While on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation. Pediatr Cardiol 2015 Mar;36(3):625-32.
Wackel P, West L, Beerman L, Arora G. Tachycardia Detection Using Smartphone Applications in Pediatric Patients. J Pediatr 2014 May;164(5):1133-5.
Cain N, Irving C, Webber SA, Beerman LB, Arora G. Natural History of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome diagnosed in childhood. Amer J Cardiol. 2013;112:961-5.