Jane Karen Soung, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Assistant Program Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Administrative Assistant: Deborah Irwin
Soung is interested in health literacy and patient/family communication methods, most notably from the Emergency Department, but in medicine in general. She is interested in using social media and mobile communication methods to better serve the needs of families and patients seeking care. In addition, she is also interested in sepsis in intestinal failure (short gut) patients and participates in a multi-center research study to better study this population. She continues to play an active role in the Pediatric Emergency Fellowship Program as Assistant Program Director and enjoys working as both an administrator and educator for the fellowship.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians, 2008-2012
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2008-Present
- Section of Emergency Medicine, 2017-Present
Education & Training
- BS, Cello Performance and Journalism, Minor in Biology, Indiana University, 1996-2000
- MD, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2008-2012
- Residency in Pediatrics, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2012-2015
- Fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2016-2019
Ramgopal S, Soung J, Pitetti R. “Brief Resolved Unexplained Events: Analysis of an Apparent Life Threatening Event Database.” Academic Pediatrics, Volume 19, Issue 8, 963 – 968.
Soung J, Ramgopal S, McAninch B. Visual Diagnosis: “The Blue Baby: An Infant Presenting with Severe Respiratory Distress.” Pediatrics in Review, October 2019.