Jennifer S. Clarke, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Medical Preceptor, UPMC Altoona Child Advocacy Center
- Clinical Director, Division of Child Advocacy, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Jennifer S. Clarke, MD is a member of the Division of Child Advocacy. She is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
Dr. Clarke received her medical degree from SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. She completed her residency in Pediatrics at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, NY and fellowship in Child Abuse Pediatrics at University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, TX.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- Texas Pediatric Society, 2012-2015
- Helfer Society, 2012-Present
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2015-Present
Education & Training
- BA, Chemistry, Special Honors, City University of New York-Hunter College, 2005
- MD, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, 2009
- Residency in Pediatrics, Maria Fareri Children's Hospital at Westchester, 2009-2012
- Fellowship in Child Abuse, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2012-2015
Narang S, Clarke J. Abusive head trauma: past, present and future. Journal of Child Neurology 2014 Dec;29(12):1747-56.
Academic and Research Interests
- Sexual abuse
- Stragulation injuries
- Evidence collection kits
- Presentation of bleeding disorders