Jessica Lindsey Garrison, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Program Director, Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Jessica Garrison joined the Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine in 2014 following two years in practice as a general pediatrician within the UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Emergency Department. A graduate of UPMC Children’s pediatric residency program, Garrison is actively involved as a clinician-educator through her role as a teaching attending as part of the division’s evening hospitalist group. Dr. Garrison is the Associate Program Director of the Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and is the Director of Evening Hospitalist Services.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2009-Present
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2009-Present
Education & Training
- BS, Biology, magna cum laude, Westminster College, 2005
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 2009
- Postgraduate Work, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2012
Garrison, J., Nguyen, M., & Marin, J. R. (2016). Emergency Department Point-of-Care Hip Ultrasound and Its Role in the Diagnosis of Septic Hip Arthritis. Pediatric Emergency Care, 32(8), 555-557. doi:10.1097/PEC.0000000000000874
Tarchichi, T., Garrison, J., Jeong, K., Fabio, A. (2017). Comparison of Patient Outcome Measures Between a Traditional Teaching Hospitalist Service and a Non-Teaching Hospitalist Service at an Academic Children’s Hospital. Pediatrics and Therapeutics, 7:4. doi: 10.4172/2161-0665.1000336
Tarchichi, T., Garrison, J., Vellody, K. (2019). One Institution, Two Podcasts- Our Experience. Global Research Journal of Pediatrics, 1(1), 01-09.
Sharp, E. and Garrison, J. Index of Suspicion: Eye Discharge in a 9-Day-Old Twin Boy. Pediatrics in Review.
Academic and Research Interests