Laura Andrea Navarro Borelly, MD
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Navarro is a Pediatric Cardiologist at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. Navarro earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from New College of Florida and her Doctor of Medicine from Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University. She completed a pediatrics residency and a fellowship in pediatric cardiology at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Education & Training
- BA, New College of Florida, 2005
- Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case western Reserve University, 2013
- Residency in Pediatrics, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2013-2016
- Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2017-2020
Navarro LA, Wree A, Povero D, Berk MP, Eguchi A, Ghosh S, Papouchado BG, Erzurum SC, Feldstein AE. Arginase 2 deficiency results in spontaneous steatohepatitis: a novel link between innate immune activation and hepatic de novo lipogenesis. J Hepatol. 2015 Feb; 62(2):412-20. Epub 2014 Sep 16. PubMed PMID: 25234945.
Navarro-Borelly L, Somasundaram A, Yamashita M, Ren D, Miller RJ, Prakriya M. STIM1-Orai1 interactions and Orai1 conformational changes revealed by live-cell FRET microscopy. Journal of Physiology. 2008 Nov; 586(22): 5383-5401. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 18832420.
Yamashita M, Navarro-Borelly L, McNally BA, Prakriya M. Orai1 mutations alter ion permeation and Ca2+-dependent fast inactivation of CRAC channels: evidence for coupling of permeating and gating. Journal of General Physiology. 2007 Nov; 130(5): 525-540. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 17968026.