Dr. Michael Decker joined the division following several years in private practice for Pittsburgh Pediatric Associates as well as a fellowship in pediatric emergency medicine at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. A dedicated clinician-educator, Dr. Decker currently serves as co-director for the Pediatric Medicine Inpatient Clerkship for third-year medical students. He practices full- time as a teaching hospitalist for the division on the general pediatric wards as well as the PHM service at the Children’s Home of Pittsburgh.
Education and Curriculum Development
Dr. Decker serves as the co-director for the Pediatric Medicine Inpatient Clerkship and facilitates a weekly case presentation conference for the third-year medical students rotating through the course.
Advisory Committee Appointments
- Physician leader, Condition HELP
- Co-director, Three Rivers Pediatric Update
Professional Affiliations/Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Council on Medical Student in Pediatrics
Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, 1991
- Residency in Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh / Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, 1994
- Fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
McCormick A, Polak C, Fox M, Carlson M, Guthrie C, Decker M, Hupp D, Butler G, Urbach A. Condition Help: 10 years of Experience Enhancing our Culture of Family Engagement. Patient Experience Journal. 2018 July Vol 5: Iss 2.