Natalie M. Hecht Baldauff, DO
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Program Director, Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship Program
Baldauff is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. She completed her medical training in the United States Air Force and served as a general pediatrician prior to her completing her endocrinology fellowship at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. Following completion of her fellowship, she joined the division as faculty.
Baldauff is the associate program director of the pediatric endocrinology fellowship program and the director of the metabolic bone disease clinic. Dr. Baldauff is passionate about medical education and enjoys teaching medical students, residents, and fellows.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2005-Present
- Pediatric Endocrine Society, 2012-Present
- The Endocrine Society, 2013-Present
- International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (ISPAD), 2013-Present
- American Diabetes Association, 2016-Present
Education & Training
- BS, Molecular Biology, Grove City College, 2001
- DO, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2005
- Certificate in Clinical Research, University of Pittsburgh, 2014-Present
Baldauff NH, Witchel SF. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Adolescent Girls. Current Opinions in Endocrinology & Diabetes, and Obesity. 24(1):56-66, Feb 2017. PMID 27906711
Hecht Baldauff N, Arslanian S. Optimal management of polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2015; 100: 1076-1083.
Hecht Baldauff N, Tfayli H, Dong W, Arena V, Gurtunca N, Pietropaolo M, Becker D, and Libman I. Relationship of Adiponectin and Leptin with Autoimmunity in Children with New Onset Type 1 Diabetes: A Pilot Study. Pediatric Diabetes. 2015 Mar 5. PMID 25754190.
Hecht Baldauff N, Sperling M. Hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Syndrome in a Child with New Onset Diabetes. ESPE e-learning module. August 2014.
Snyder J, Mackaness, CA, Sopher M, Huber JP, Disantis EJ, Senecal A, Vaughn B, Tobelmann P, Hecht Baldauff N, Barry P, Show M, Hubiak Speering, L, Genarei C, Brenner FJ, and Ray DB. The complete mitochondrial genome sequence of the Canada goose. Mitochondrial DNA. 2013 Oct 22 PMID: 24148019.
Hecht N, Omoloja A, Witte D, Canessa L. Evolution of antiglomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritis into membranous nephritis. Pediatric Nephrology 2008;23: 477-480. PMID: 17999092