Ryan Alexander Malave, MD, MS
- Resident, PGY2
Ryan Alexander Malave, MD, MS, is currently a PGY-2 Pediatrics/Child Neurology resident at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. He received his Bachelor of Science from Penn State University, Masters of Science in Epidemiology from the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, and MD from Saint George's University School of Medicine. He was awarded the Evelyn H. Wei Scholarship Award for excellence in epidemiology among his other achievements. Currently, Ryan's interests specific to child neurology include holistic care, neonatal neurology, as well as headache etiology and management.
Resident Biographical Details
Mount Laurel, NJ
- College or Medical School
Penn State University, University of Pittsburgh, and St. George's University School of Medicine
- Hobbies and Interests
Baking, biking, hiking, reading, and knitting.
- Travel Interests and Languages
- "Likes" about UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Being in a larger program where pediatric knowledge is just as important as neurology knowledge. It is also beneficial being a major academic center in a tertiary care hospital, meaning there are many dedicated specialists who can help care for the most complex care situations.
Education & Training
- BS, Biobehavioral Health, Penn State University, 2013
- MS, Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, 2016
- MD, Saint George’s University School of Medicine, 2020