Professional Affiliations/Society Memberships
- Pediatric Cardiomyopathy Foundation
Education & Training
- MD: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Residency: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Pittsburgh, PA
- Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Pittsburgh, PA
C3PO. This multi-institutional quality-improvement project monitors outcomes of pediatric cardiac catheterization. Susan Miller’s research involves outcomes after pediatric heart transplantation. She is a co-investigator on many active protocols, including the following:
- Pediatric Cardiomyopathy–Biomarkers. This NIH-funded consortium of pediatric heart failure centers is working together to understand the utility of blood and imaging biomarkers in the diagnosis and prognosis of cardiomyopathies. Site Primary Investigator: Feingold.
- Chronic Graft Destruction. This study examines the interplay of allo- and autoantibodies and non-adherence.
- Role of Alloantibodies in Cardiac Transplantation: Intervention, Outcomes, and Mechanisms (NIH/NIAID CTOT-C). This program seeks to enhance understanding of the role of alloantibodies in pediatric heart transplantation.
- Cardiac Fibrosis after Pediatric Heart Transplantation. This study is in collaboration with investigators at the cardiac magnetic resonance imaging center at UPMC Presbyterian.
- sST2/IL33 as a Biomarker for Acute Rejection in Pediatric Heart Transplant Recipients.
- Cohort Study INTERMACS (Interagency Registry of Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support).
- Cardiac Fibrosis after Pediatric Heart Transplantation. In collaboration with investigators at the cardiac magnetic resonance imaging center at UPMC Presbyterian (principal investigator, Feingold), this study is working toward quantifying fibrosis after pediatric heart transplantation, determining risk factors, and elucidating mechanisms for development.
- Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) Infection in the Immunocompromised Host. Primary EBV This study examines chronic high EBV load and the risk of PTLD in pediatric thoracic transplant patients.
- Waitlist and transplant events and outcomes in the US.
- Biomarker Analysis After Transplantation-Heart Transplant.
- Immune Cell Function and Transplant Outcomes-Lung and Heart/Lung Transplants.