Professional Affiliations/Society Memberships
- Fellow, AAP
- AAP Section on Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Committee on Education and Training
- Society of Pediatric Cardiology Training Program Directors
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors
- Pediatric Acute Cardiac Care Collaboration
Education & Training
- MD: University of Virginia Medical School Charlottesville, VA
- Residency: Northwestern University Chicago, IL
- Fellowship: Northwestern University Chicago, IL
Tyler Harris’ research interests involve the use of innovative technologies and curricula as well as cross-institutional collaboration to improve education in pediatric cardiology.
Pediatric heart disease simulation curriculum: Educating the pediatrician. This study created a simulation based curriculum to train pediatric residents in the evaluation, management and triage of critical pediatric heart disease.
Evaluation of Boot Camp practices in Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship. In this study, being conducted with the AAP SOCCS Committee for Education and Training, Harris is leading a survey of current practices and a needs-assessment for cardiology training programs’ “Boot Camp” processes.
Crowdsourcing the Best Literature in Pediatric Cardiology. In a collaborative effort, Harris is working to create a resource of highly important, field-changing research within pediatric cardiology using the technique of crowdsourcing with expert review via a Delphi method. The output will be a continually updated list of the literature considered paramount to the field.
University of Pittsburgh Graduate Medical Education Research Collaborative. Harris is working with education researchers from across the Pitt health system to identify and evaluate high yield education research projects in a collaborative setting allowing sharing of expertise and experience.