Tyler H. Harris, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Director, Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Program
- Director, Pediatric Cardiology APP Fellowship Program
Administrative Assistant: Robin Majsak
Harris is an academic pediatric cardiologist at the UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh with a clinical focus in inpatient cardiology care and medical education. He also has clinical roles in outpatient cardiology care as well as in the exercise physiology lab. He is the Associate Fellowship Director for the Pediatric Cardiology as well as the rotation facilitator to the pediatric residency program. His research efforts focus on improving medical education through the use of innovative technology and curriculum in addition to improving the quality of inpatient and exercise lab care though research and quality improvement. He also has expertise in the care of patients with Kawasaki Disease and MIS-C.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2010-Present
- AAP Section of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Member of Working Group for Education and Training, 2013-Present
- Society of Pediatric Cardiology Training Program Directors, 2017-Present
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors, 2017-Present
Education & Training
- BA, Biology, Johns Hopkins University, 2002-2006
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine, 2006-2010
- Residency in Pediatrics, Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, 2010-2013
- Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology, Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, 2013-2016
Knadler JJ, Penny DJ, Harris TH, Webb GD, Cabrera AG, Kyle WB. Strength in Numbers: Crowdsourcing the Most Relevant Literature in Pediatric Cardiology. Congenital Heart Disease 2018;00:1-5 PMID:30178626
Harris TH, Adler M, Unti SM, McBride ME. Pediatric heart disease simulation curriculum: Educating the pediatrician. Congenital Heart Disease. 2017;00:1–8. PMID:28547923
Harris, TH and Gossett JG. Diagnostic Modalities and Diagnoses for Pediatric Patients with Elevated Troponin. Pediatric Cardiology. Pediatic Cardiology (2016) 37:1469–1474. PubMed PMID 27573217.
Eltayeb O, Monge MC, Popescu AR, Sarwark AE, Harris T, Backer CL. Discontinuous Pulmonary Artery: Utility of Computer Tomographic Angiography and Lung Perfusion Scan in Management. World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery. 2016 Mar 18 PubMed PMID 26993757.
Academic and Research Interests
- Medical Education