Major Lectureships And Seminars
- Codirector, educational program, Ninth Annual Master Class in Congenital Cardiac Morphology with Professor Robert Anderson, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA., October 2016
Professional Affiliations/Society Memberships
- Fellow, AAP
- Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Section, AAP
- ACPC Section, ACC
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Adult Congenital Heart Association
Education & Training
- MD: University of Michigan Medical School Ann Arbor, MI
- Residency: Children's Hospital of Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowships: David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Los Angeles, CA
Echocardiography Physician Productivity. Vivek Allada continues to study physician productivity at academic pediatric cardiology echocardiography laboratories. He serves as the founding member of the Committee on Pediatric Echocardiography Laboratory Productivity. This study, the first of its kind, aims to understand the practice patterns, human resource needs, and benchmarks for productivity. The research culminated in the co-authorship of a book chapter, “Echocardiography Lab Productivity” in Echocardiography in Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease: From Fetus to Adult, 2016.
Physician Productivity. Allada has developed and implemented a clinical productivity assessment tool. With this tool, the division has seen a remarkable growth in volume and efficiency. Allada aims to create a software application to expand its adoption throughout UPMC and beyond.