The Division of Pulmonary Medicine at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh provides consultative services for the diagnosis, evaluation and management of diseases of the respiratory tract.
We provide consultation in the diagnosis and management of respiratory problems and disorders. A multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, nutritionists and social workers offers patient management, patient/family education and support services. This collaboration helps ensure an individualized treatment plan that considers patient and family needs and all aspects based on the health condition.
Comprehensive programs are provided for patients with:
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever)
- Atopic dermatitis
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Chronic lung disease
- Chronic or recurrent sinusitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Home mechanical ventilation
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung transplantation
- Neuromuscular diseases with respiratory complications