- About Us
- Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapies
- Child Advocacy
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- General Academic Pediatrics
- Genetic and Genomic Medicine
- Health Informatics
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurology and Child Development
- Newborn Medicine
- Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Centers & Institutes
- Center for Pediatric Research in Obesity and Metabolism
- Center for Rare Disease Therapy
- Children's Neuroscience Institute
- Cystic Fibrosis Research Center
- Institute for Infection, Inflammation, and Immunity in Children
- Pediatric Asthma Center
- Pediatric Institute for Heart Regeneration and Therapeutics
- Richard King Mellon Foundation Institute for Pediatric Research
- Pittsburgh Vaccine Trials Unit
- The Pittsburgh Study
- Research Administration
- Cores and Research Support
- Information Technology
- Communications Team
- Anti-Racism Statement
- Our Core Principles
- Our Goals
- Community and Culture
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Continuing Medical Education
- Medical Student Education and Training
- CHP VUE: Vital URiM Experience
- Maintenance of Certification Portfolio Program
- Summer Research Internship
- Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Mentoring
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Career Advancement
- Educator Development
- For New Faculty
- Faculty Promotion
- Grant Programs
- Wellness Resources
- Faculty Well-being Task Force
- Thank Yinz
In partnership with UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and our affiliated UPMC hospitals, Pitt Pediatrics offers one of the finest medical education and training programs in the industry.
- Serving western and central Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, northern West Virginia, and western Maryland, Children's provides robust inpatient and outpatient clinical services across a diverse set of specialties.
- Medical students train under internationally-recognized faculty of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Grant opportunities allow students to train in pediatric subspecialites and pursue cutting-edge research studies.
Children's Hospital offers comprehensive residency programs within the Department of Pediatrics and other subspecialities.
We oversee many fellowship programs within Children's Hospital and other Pitt School of Medicine departments providing pediatric care.
Continuing Medical Education
Pitt Pediatrics sponsors multiple seminars and CME credit opportunities.
Medical Student Education and Training
We offer comprehensive pediatric training for medical students, including those from other institutions.
CHP VUE: Vital URiM Experience
A 4-week clinical immersion elective for 4th year medical students from historically excluded communities in medicine.
Summer Research Internship Program
Provides a hands-on internship experience in research laboratories for undergraduate students in health science fields.
Maintenance of Certification Portfolio Program
UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh evaluates our own QI projects and approves projects internally for MOC credit.
Pitt Pediatrics takes pride in the quality of its faculty and supports their success and fulfillment at all stages of their careers.