Thank you for your interest in the Summer Research Internship Program (SRIP) at Pitt Pediatrics and UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. All applications for SRIP are completed through an online form.
Before continuing, please review the following program eligibility requirements and instructions. All applications must be submitted by February 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
To apply for SRIP, you must:
- Be a United States citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder)
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education
- Have at least one semester of undergraduate education remaining after completing the program or documentation of acceptance into an advanced degree program for fall 2022
- Be available for the entire program, which runs from June 6, 2022 through July 29, 2022
Select SRIP programs may have additional or fewer requirements.
Required Application Materials
- This application form
- Statement of Purpose - Essay crafted to convey your academic and career goals with an emphasis on your current research interest and how this program will help you reach your future academic goals. Please limit to one page single spaced.
- Copy of your resume or CV
- Copy of your college transcript (unofficial version is acceptable)
The statement of purpose, resume or CV, and college transcript must be uploaded into this application using Microsoft Word, Rich Text, or PDF file formats. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted or considered in the application review process.
Applicants must complete this form in one sitting. Incomplete forms cannot be saved for retrieval. It is recommended to have the required statement of purpose, required resume or CV, and college transcript ready to upload before proceeding.