Allison E. Williams, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Allison Williams joined the Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine in 2018 immediately following completion of her pediatric residency at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. She practices full-time as a clinician-educator through the division’s traditional hospitalist model, the evening hospitalist program, as well as the limited teaching service.
Williams is currently the primary investigator for a pilot randomized control trial evaluating the effectiveness of steroid use in non-RSV bronchiolitis. She is also working with other members of the division on a research project to evaluate the local prevalence of serious bacterial infection in infants less than 60 days of age.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2015-Present
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2013-Present
Education & Training
- BS, Health Science, University of Florida, 2011
- MD, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine Florida International University, 2015
- Residency in Pediatrics, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2015-2018
Noorbakhsh KA, Williams AE, Langham JJ, Wu L, Krafty RT, Furtado AD, Zuckerbraun NS, Manole MD. Management and outcomes of spontaneous pneumomediastinum in children. Journal of Pediatric Emergency Care, In Press 2019
Williams AE, Mistry M, Widmann M. Refusal to Bear Weight in a 3-year-old Girl with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Pediatrics in Review, In Press 2019
Academic and Research Interests
- Health and Well-Being of Hospitalized Children