Bianca LoVerde, DO
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Director of NICU Resident Education, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Administrative Assistant: Alexia Checketts-Kopko
LoVerde is a clinician educator with an interest in graduate medical education. As the Director of NICU Resident Education, her focus includes educational innovation for pediatric residents, clinical instruction, and curriculum development. She is pursuing a graduate Certificate in Medical Education from the University of Pittsburgh Institute for Clinical Research Education to study the improvements she has instituted at UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital and UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. LoVerde also participates in outreach education, serving as an educator on Critical Congenital Heart Defect screening for the Pennsylvania Department of Health and teaching Neonatal Resuscitation Program to birth attendants in the region.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow, 2011-Present
- Section on Trainees and Early Career Neonatologists, 2014-Present
- Maryland Chapter, 2015-2017
- Section on Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, 2015-Present
- Section on Breastfeeding, 2015-Present
Education & Training
- BS, Life Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 2007
- DO, West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, 2011
- Residency in Pediatrics, University of Toledo Medical Center, 2011-2014
- Fellowship in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center, 2014-2017
- Medical Education Research Program, Association of American Medical Colleges, 2018
LoVerde B, Firestone K, Stein H. Comparing Changing Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist (NAVA) Levels in Intubated and Recently Extubated Neonates. J Perinatol. 2016; 36(1097-1100). 10.1038/jp.2016.152.
LoVerde B, Falck A, Donohue P, Hussey-Gardener B. Supports and Barriers to the Provision of Human Milk by Mothers of African American Preterm Infants. Adv Neonatal Care. 2018; 3:179-188.