James C. Bohnhoff, MD
- Clinican-Research Fellow
- Postgraduate Scholar Clinical Instructor
James Bohnhoff received his MD through the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He completed his pediatric residency and chief residency at the UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. He is currently competing a general academic pediatric fellowship. His research interests include improving the pediatric subspecialty referral process and studying the quality of well-child care delivered through telemedicine.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2015-2016
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2016-Present
Education & Training
- BS, Chemistry, Stanford University, 2012
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2017
- MS, University of Pittsburgh Institute for Clinical Research Education, 2020-Present
- Residency in Pediatrics, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2016-2019
- Clinician-Research Fellowship in Pediatrics, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2020-Present
Bohnhoff, JC, Taormina, JM, Ferrante, L, Wolfson, D, & Ray, KN (2019). Unscheduled referrals and unattended appointments after subspecialty referral. [In publication]
Bohnhoff, JC, DiSilvio, SA, Aneja, RK, Shenk, JR, Domnina, YA, Brozanski, BS, & Good, M (2017). Treatment and follow-up of venous thrombosis in the neonatal intensive care unit: a retrospective study. The journal of perinatology, 37(3), 306-310.
Mach, KJ, Tepler, SK, Staaf, AV, Bohnhoff, JC, & Denny, MW (2011). Failure by fatigue in the field: a model of fatigue breakage for the macroalga Mazzaella, with validation. The journal of experimental biology, 214(9), 1571-1585.
Academic and Research Interests
- Pediatric subspecialty referral and primary-subspecialist communication
- The role of telemedicine in well-child care
- Social determinants of access to care in children
- Career and specialty interest among early medical students