Katie E. Rau, MD
- Clinical Instructor of Pediatrics
Administrative Assistant: Deborah Irwin
Katie Rau completed her medical degree at the University of Minnesota Medical School and her pediatrics residency at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. She is a former practitioner in the Newborn Medicine Program and the Sedation Services at Children's.
Rau is currently a practicing pediatrician in the Children's Emergency Department. She has further interest in the topics of physician wellness and the advancement of women in medicine. She holds a certification in Advanced Wilderness Life support and maintains an active interest in both wilderness and dive medicine.
Education & Training
- BS, University of North Dakota, 2004
- BA, University of North Dakota, 2004
- MD, University of Minnesota Medical School - Twin Cities, 2009
- Residency in Pediatrics, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2009-2012
Jurgens CW, Rau KE, Knudson CA, King JD, Carr PA, Porter JE, Doze VA. beta-1 Adrenergic Receptor-mediated Enhancement of Hippocampal CA3 Network Activity. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 2005 Aug 341(2): 552-60.