Matthew E. Valente, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Matthew Valente joined the Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine in 2018 immediately following completion of his pediatric residency at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, including a year as chief resident. He practices full-time as a clinician-educator through the division’s traditional hospitalist model, the evening hospitalist program, as well as the limited teaching service. His academic interests include resident and medical student education as well as transitions of care within the hospital setting.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, 2017-Present
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 2014-Present
Education & Training
- BS, Biological Sciences, Cornell University, 2010
- MD, State University of New York, 2014
- Residency/Internship in Pediatrics, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2014-2017
- Chief Pediatric Resident, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2017
Hajar L, Valente M, Rivera M, Domachowske JB. Recurrent deep pelvic muscle abscess. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 May;33(5):547-8.
Suryadevara, M., Bonville, C. A., Cibula, D. A., Valente, M., Handel, A., Domachowse, J. R., & Domachowse, J. B. Pertussis vaccine for adults: Knowledge, attitudes, and vaccine receipt among adults with children in the household. Vaccine 2014.32(51), 7000-7004
Academic and Research Interests
- Care of hospitalized children