Michael J. Decker, MD, FAAP
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Medical Director, Complex Care Clinic, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Administrative Assistant: Carly Chovanec
Decker completed his Pediatric Residency and a Fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. Following completion of his fellowship he spent 10 years in private practice with CCP-Pittsburgh Pediatrics. In 2006, Decker returned to Children's Hospital as a member of the Paul C. Gaffney Diagnostic Referral Service, now known as the Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. In July 2020, Decker took over as director of The Complex Care Clinic.
Decker has always enjoyed caring for and advocating for children with medical complexity and special health care needs. His time in primary care and as a hospitalist at Children's Hospital have afforded him with the skills and experience to care for this unique population of patients. Outside of the hospital, Decker enjoys anything that includes his family and sports.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow, 1999-Present
- Member, Section of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Pennsylvania Medical Society, 1991-Present
Education & Training
- BS, Genetics and Cell Biology/Microbiology, University of Minnesota, 1987
- MD, University of Minnesota, 1991
- Residency in Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 1991-1994
- Fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 1994-1996