Samuel Marcus Kaplan, MD, MPH
- Resident, PGY2
Samuel Marcus Kaplan, MD, MPH, is a resident physician in the pediatric program at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He is in the Pediatric Advocacy, Leadership, and Service (PALS) track. Kaplan earned his Bachelor degree from Colby College and completed medical school at the Tulane University School of Medicine where he also completed his Masters of Public Health. Kaplan is interested in how to best provide care for underserved populations, advocate for patients, and improve how the healthcare system treats and addresses patients with chronic problems.
Resident Biographical Details
New York, NJ
- College or Medical School
Colby College and Tulane University School of Medicine
- Hobbies and Interests
Birdwatching, fishing, hiking, camping, cooking, and gardening.
- Travel Interests and Languages
Visiting national parks and going on long camping trips.
- "Likes" about UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
The people and sense of community.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- Pediatric Residents Interested in Medical Education (PRIME), 2020-Present
Education & Training
- BA, Biology, Colby College, 2013
- MPH, Tulane University, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, 2020
- MD, Tulane University, School of Medicine, 2020