- About Us
- Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapies
- Child Advocacy
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- General Academic Pediatrics
- Genetic and Genomic Medicine
- Health Informatics
- Infectious Diseases
- Neurology and Child Development
- Newborn Medicine
- Paul C. Gaffney Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Centers & Institutes
- Center for Pediatric Research in Obesity and Metabolism
- Center for Rare Disease Therapy
- Children's Neuroscience Institute
- Cystic Fibrosis Research Center
- Institute for Infection, Inflammation, and Immunity in Children
- Pediatric Asthma Center
- Pediatric Institute for Heart Regeneration and Therapeutics
- Richard King Mellon Foundation Institute for Pediatric Research
- Pittsburgh Vaccine Trials Unit
- The Pittsburgh Study
- Research Administration
- Cores and Research Support
- Information Technology
- Communications Team
- Anti-Racism Statement
- Our Core Principles
- Our Goals
- Community and Culture
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Continuing Medical Education
- Medical Student Education and Training
- CHP VUE: Vital URiM Experience
- Maintenance of Certification Portfolio Program
- Summer Research Internship
- Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Mentoring
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Career Advancement
- Educator Development
- For New Faculty
- Faculty Promotion
- Grant Programs
- Wellness Resources
- Faculty Well-being Task Force
- Thank Yinz
March 23, 2023
Moulik Appointed Co-Director Of PedSDP
Pitt Pediatrics is excited to announce the appointment of Mousumi Moulik, MD, as Co-Director of the Pediatric Scientist Development Program (PedSDP) in the Department of Pediatrics.
March 22, 2023
Owusu-Ansah To Be Honored By Pittsburgh Magazine's Women & Business Awards
Pitt Pediatrics congratulates Sylvia Owusu-Ansah, MD, MPH, FAAP on being honored in the April meeting of the...
March 21, 2023
Kloesz Named Director of Division of Newborn Medicine
Pitt Pediatrics is excited to officially announce the appointment of Jen Kloesz, MD, FAAP, as Director of the...
March 16, 2023
Ragavan Named 2023 Recipient of Pitt Sustainability Award
Pitt Pediatrics congratulates Maya Ragavan, MD, MPH, MS, for being named a recipient of the 2023 Pitt...
March 16, 2023
Arslanian Given National Award From American Diabetes Association
Pitt Pediatrics congratulates Silva Arslanian, MD, for being named a recipient of the 2023 Outstanding Achievement in...
March 15, 2023
Alade Accepted Into Highly Competitive CDC Fellowship
Pitt Pediatrics congratulates third-year resident Rachel Alade, MD, for her acceptance to the CDC’s renowned Epidemic Intelligence Service (...
March 13, 2023
Miller Receives DEI Champion Award
Pitt Pediatrics congratulates Elizabeth Miller, MD, PhD, FSAHM, for receiving the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics’ DEI Champion Award.
March 13, 2023
DePas Receives Grant From NIH
Pitt Pediatrics congratulates William DePas, PhD, for his grant award from the National Institute of Health (NIH) National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
March 8, 2023
Research Into Plain Communities May Unlock Greater Understanding of Genetic Diseases
One of the trickiest things about genetic disorders or diseases is that they may go completely unnoticed until a severe problem occurs. And even then, if the condition presents with unusual or...
March 7, 2023
Tavarez Appointed To APPD Committee
Pitt Pediatrics congratulates Melissa Tavarez, MD, MS, for her appointment as the Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD) Fellowship Directors’ Executive Committee At-Large Member.
March 7, 2023
Pitt Pediatrics Congratulates Jacqueline Ho, MD, MSc, for Her Election to SPR Council
Pitt Pediatrics congratulates Jacqueline Ho, MD, MSc, Director of the...
March 3, 2023
Rare Disease Day Brings Families Together To Raise Awareness
Rare Disease Day is an annual event on February 28 to bring awareness to the many rare diseases physicians and researchers know little to nothing about.
February 28, 2023
New Diagnosis Tool to Help Patients, and Physicians, in Diagnosing Acute Otitis Media
As many parents of young children know, Acute Otitis Media (AOM), a type of ear infection, can be a problem ranging from minor to serious. While easily treatable, the bigger ongoing problem with...
February 27, 2023
Pitt Pediatrics Welcomes Former Resident and Fellow to Our Faculty
Pitt Pediatrics welcomes Catherine Poholek, MD, PhD to our faculty in the ...
February 20, 2023
Study Finds Effective Drug Treatment to Help Teens and Adolescents Lose Weight
Pitt Pediatrics congratulates Silva Arslanian, MD on her November publication in the New England Journal of Medicine. The...