Jennifer A. Johnson, DO, FASE
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Director of Perinatal Cardiology
Jennifer Johnson joined the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in August 2013 as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Cardiology. That same year, Johnson took on the leadership role of director of fetal cardiology at UPMC Hamot. In 2015, Johnson was appointed both the interim director of the perinatal cardiology program and the director of fetal cardiology education and quality assurance.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Society of Echocardiography, 2012-Present
Education & Training
- BS, Biology, Northern Illinois University, 2001
- MS, Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2002
- DO, Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, 2006
- Residency in Pediatrics, Loyola University Medical Center, 2006-2009
- Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, 2009-2012
- Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt, 2012-2013
Johnson JA, Williams P, Lu Z, Kavanaugh-McHugh A, Fish FA, Killen SA. Fetuses of Mothers with Thyroid Disease May Be at Higher Risk of Developing Supraventricular Tachycardia. American Journal of Perinatology. 2015 Jun 3.
Johnson JA, Cetta, F, Graham, RP, Smyrk TC, Driscoll, DJ, Philips SD, John, AS. Identifying Predictors of Hepatic Disease in Patients Following the Fontan Operation: A Post Mortem Analysis. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2013 Jul;146(1):140-5.
Johnson JA, Boyce TG, Steckelberg, JM, Cetta F, Johnson JN. Infective Endocarditis in the Pediatric Patient: A 60 Year Single Institution Review. Mayo Proceedings. 2012 July;87(7):629-635.
John AS, Johnson JA, Khan M, Driscoll DJ, Warnes C, Cetta F. Clinical Outcomes and Improved Survival in Patients with Protein Losing Enteropathy after the Fontan Operation. Journal of the America College of Cardiology. 2014 July:64(1):54-64.
Johnson JA, Burkhart HM, O’Leary PW. Vertically Oriented Intramural Right Coronary Artery in Complete Transposition of the Great Arteries: Prospective Recognition and Surgical Implications. Pediatric Cardiology. 2012 January;33(1):172-5.
Johnson JA, Rauh R, Phillips S, Cetta, F. Thrombolytic therapy in the treatment of right sided prosthetic valve thrombosis in adults with congenital heart disease. Congenital Heart Disease. 2011 May;6(3):266-8.
The Frederick Sherman MD Perinatal Fund, 2018
The Tina Smith Cardiology Fund, 2019