Levi Shelton, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics,
- Co-director, APP Development and Utilization, Division of Pediatric Neurology,
- Director, Visiting Resident Education, Division of Pediatric Neurology
- Director, Pediatric Neurology Nurse Education
Shelton, is an assistant professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Child Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He received his Bachelor of Science and the University of Oklahoma and his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. He completed his child neurology residency at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. Shelton is a general child neurologist with a special interest in hospital medicine. His primary academic interest is in medical education, including curriculum development. He has help design curricula in child neurology for APPs, residents and nurses.
Professional and Scientific Society Memberships
- American Academy of Neurology, 2014-Present
- Child Neurology Society, 2015-Present
- American Epilepsy Society, 2015-2016
Education & Training
- BS, Microbiology, University of Oklahoma, 2008
- MD, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, 2012
- Internship in Pediatrics, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2012-2014
- Residency in Pediatrics, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2014-2017
Shelton L, Ploof D, Turchi R, Boyle R, Asato M. Assessing primary care attitudes and readiness for epilepsy co-management. Presented at the American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting. Dec 2015, Philadelphia, PA.
Shelton L, Zuccoli G, Alper G. Brainstem Presentations in Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis. Presented at the Child Neurology Society Annual Meeting. Oct 2016, Vancouver, BC.
Academic and Research Interests
- Child Neurology