UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh is the only children’s hospital in western Pennsylvania, serving a population of 3.5 million from western PA, western MD, WV, eastern OH, and western NY. Our program is within the Division of Child Neurology is affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics and Department of Neurology, and our educational program emphasizes resident training and career development to provide an outstanding level of patient care and learning environment.
Child Neurology Residency Program
- 4 Residents per class (4 Child Neurology or 3 Child Neurology + 1 NDD)
- 5-year combined Pediatrics-Child Neurology residency (integrated interview and selection process with pediatrics program)
- Resident-driven Child Neurology education curriculum
- Faculty has an open-door policy for teaching and patient care guidance
- International rotations encouraged (most recent destinations include Japan and Honduras)
- 8-week dedicated research rotation during PGY-3 year without night/weekend call responsibilities
- Research program encourages collaboration with the milieu of other disciplines available through the UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh, and Carnegie Mellon University.